First and foremost, this might be a very sad post from me. Many things happened lately, too much to bear, actually, but I guess I can slowly handle it. I’ll start about the lighter topic, mom finally found a job that doesn’t require hard work. She was hired as a researcher (home-based) and would earn about just enough every month. Meaning, our bills would be paid on time, more food on the fridge and lighter atmosphere in the house. Mom and Dad had been having arguments about money again and wanted to intervene, but knew better. It’s a “couple” problem, something my parents need to figure out themselves. Though I’ve been earning money as well, they’re still the parents and totally in charge of everything at our house. And so, less bickering and more smiling; Mom had been super sweet on Dad since she got accepted. Dad was happy as well, proud of his wife, and of course, about the financial improvement too. Such a good start, man!

And then, here comes the grave news. It’s about my sister, Angelica; she’s only eighteen years old and her happy days were over. It’s all because of her boyfriend’s fault, Mark. Angelica called to me last night (because she was staying over at her dorm in school) crying and sobbing. It turned out that she caught Mark with another girl and the girl ended up pregnant. I heard they used an elisa test kit to be sure and it ended up positive. Angela and Mark had been boyfriends for five years now, and it’s a bit disappointing. I don’t know how to comfort Angelica; I wanted to tell her she was even lucky because she wasn’t the one Mark screwed up with. But of course, she loves him, it was obvious on her depressed reaction, and I can’t do anything about it. I know that anything I say would be so useless, so I just told her that our family is here always to support her and that I got her back. She’s still senseless as of now. Everything ended for her in an instant; it’s something a person can’t get over with easily. I understand her situation, if I was her, I would break down too. I would feel betrayed and I wouldn’t be able to recover immediately. Curse that Mark.

0 comments:

Post a Comment